Jennell K. Shannon is an associate attorney with Johnson Becker, PLLC. Jennell focuses her practice primarily on state and federal class action, mass tort, pharmaceutical, and product liability litigation.
Jennell graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School in 2016 with a concentration in civil litigation and a focus on complex civil litigation. During her time at the University of Minnesota, Jennell served as President of the Litigation and Trial Advocacy Group, Managing Editor of Vol. 100 of the Minnesota Law Review, competing member and national competitor for the Intercollegiate Mock Trial Team, research assistant for Prof. Mark Kappelhoff, and volunteer for the Minnesota Justice Foundation. Jennell gained significant experience with civil and criminal matters as an intern clerk for Hon. Marilyn B. Rosenbaum and Hon. Thomas S. Fraser, an intern at the Minneapolis City Attorney’s Office, and as a law clerk for a local law firm.
Jennell has experience working on a wide range of civil and criminal matters, but has an inherent passion for plaintiff-side litigation. Jennell brings this passion to her practice at Johnson Becker as she advocates for plaintiffs in class action, mass tort, pharmaceutical, and product liability litigation in Minnesota state court as well as state and federal courts across the country. Current litigation matters include In re Risperdal and Invega Product Liability Litigation (California); In re Talcum Powder Litigation (California; D.N.J.); Andrew Carufel, et al. v. Minnesota Department of Public Safety, et al. (Minnesota); Monteville Sloan, Jr., et al. v. General Motors, LLC (N.D. Cal.).
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation
- Mass Tort Litigation
- Product Liability
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota, 2016
- District of Columbia, expected 2017
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2016
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN 2016 (Juris Doctor)
- Concentration: Civil Litigation
- Honors: Dean’s A List, Lewis F. Powell Medal for Excellence in Oral Advocacy
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD 2009 (B.A. Government and Politics)